Call Us: 206-466-1624

Registered Agent

Registered Agent Account


Let WorksProgress officially act as your Washington State business location. Whether you’re located close by or out of state, using us as your agent helps you keep your home address out of public documents, which are listed online for your corporation or LLC.

What Is a Registered Agent?

A registered agent is a third-party in the state for the business entity, designated to receive official state communications, such as service of process notices, correspondence from the Secretary of State, and other official government notifications (such as tax forms and notice of lawsuits) on behalf of the corporation or LLC.

Why Do I Need a Registered Agent?

You must have a physical location in the state in which your business is registered. You can be your own Registered Agent—or you can use a commercial registered agent with a physical Washington State address to accept documents on your behalf. This is true for all Corporations, LLC’s, and Limited Partnerships doing business in Washington. You can use your home address, but that would be listed as a public document online for your corporation or LLC.

Using a commercial agent helps to maintain your privacy, and to manage all your business statements for Washington State.

How do I add or change my Registered Agent?
  • If you haven’t filed your business in WA yet, you will need to file your business incorporation documents to add a Registered Agent. There is a place to indicate your registered agent on these forms. For help with these and other forms, please contact us here.
  • To change the registered agent for a business registered with the Washington Secretary of State, you can go online and file a Statement of Change here. This service is free of charge. You may also update your Registered Agent information at the time of filing your Annual Report.

Learn more about our Virtual Office options here.